Advantages of using XPS polystyrene
Advantages in using extruded polystyrene for outdoor wall thermal insulation (in enveloping buildings)
- High compressive strength – will resist horizontal loads
- Due to their dimensional stability the boards are a durable and stable long-term solution, well suited for building fronts
- Because it does not absorb water, eventual workmanship faults will not influence the material
- As you probably know, mould can be extremely dangerous. It may cause numerous health problems, both for people, and pets, and may also contribute to the damaging of the structure and any problems occurring within buildings. One of the best things about XPS is that it does not absorb damp, meaning that it does not act as a favourable environment for mould to grow, but it serves as a barrier against damp. It holds an optimal permeability for water vapours and allows the damp inside the wall to exit
- Having a homogeneous cellular structure, with closed alveoli, it ensures a superior thermal insulation and of Russian duration to keep the buildings cool in summer and warm in winter. Improper insulation can certainly have an impact on your heating and cooling costs and can cost you quite a lot of money. XPS extrudate is extremely efficient in this regard and can help reduce the amount of energy required to maintain temperatures in buildings.
- The plaster adheres very well to the extruded polystyrene;
- High adherence by plasters binding with the rough surface of the polystyrene
- Easy application – boards can be cut without producing waste
- The resistance, it does not wear out, it does not wear out. another excellent property of the XPS extruded, retains its insulating properties over time.
- This can save you money in the long run, as you will not be faced with the slow increase in heating costs.
- Can be installed in almost any weather due to its physical qualities and the simple and rapid labour involved.
- Last, but not least, the XPS compressed polystyrene is environmental-friendly and thus, quite green. Its manufacture does not produce waste or harmful secondary products.
When using the GIAS XPS compressed polystyrene, it is very important to install the product correctly. For more information about the compressed polystyrene insulation, please get in touch. The Briotherm XPS team is more than happy to help!